Navigate your education with us!
Welcome to YourCourse
YourCourse is the Clark County ESC's online education program designed for those who are seeking an alternative to the typical classroom setting, or needing an opportunity to take additional coursework for a variety of reasons. Students who participate in YourCourse continue to be enrolled with their home school district, and may continue to attend their school while taking online classes through the YourCourse program.
What is YourCourse?
YourCourse is a totally online curriculum that allows students to choose engaging courses (see list) that meet their interests and needs. It is available to any Ohio students attending in their "brick and mortar" home school district, home schooled students, or students in alternative settings.
How do I enroll?
YourCourse is available to students and school districts throughout Ohio. Students may be referred through their home school district, or parents who home school may elect to purchase this program to meet the academic needs for their child. For those currently attending school, please see your counselor or principal about enrolling in YourCourse. For those interesting in purchasing for home schooling, or other reasons, please contact Matt Gerberick at 937-505-1201.
YourCourse offers a wide variety of courses that include traditional core courses to exciting and engaging electives. Each course is taught by an Ohio Highly Qualified Teacher (HQT) and also includes an online tutor that is available from 7am to 11pm, a success coach, and in person support from the ESC when needed. The goal of the program is to provide an valuable experience and a high quality education for all students. In order to ensure that students successfully complete courses they take in the program, we have high expectations on students and ourselves.
Expectations of Students
It is important for students and parents to understand that this is a rigorous program, and that this will not be easy. Success in any online educational program requires personal discipline and dedication to the coursework. Our staff will remind and encourage students who struggle or fall behind, but it is ultimately the students responsibility to maintain high grades, regular attendance (through active participation with the coursework), and adequate progress.
Students who maintain all of the following standards are not required to attend a classroom:
- An grade of 80% for each course they are enrolled.
- Regular course participation/attendance (average 5 hour per week)
- Maintain the adequate progress through the content (as prescribed by the online program)
Failure to meet these requirements will result in a conference with students and parents to develop a plan to ensure that the student gets back on track. Plans may include (but are not limited to) student attendance at the ESC (or their home school) for extra support. Each situation will be handled on a case-by-case basis, keeping the student's best interests in mind.
Expectations of the Program
Students, parents and partnering schools should expect the following from the YourCourse Program:
- YourCourse representative will meet with the applicable stakeholders to discuss the child and parent's needs.
- YourCourse will enroll the child in the appropriate course(s).
- YourCourse will provide login credentials to the child and other stakeholders (as appropriate).
- YourCourse will provide an orientation to the online tool to ensure ease of use.
- YourCourse will monitor student progress, attendance and achievement. This information will be provided to parents, schools and other stakeholders on a daily or weekly basis.
- YourCourse will collaborate with online instructors to provide necessary modifications to curriculum based on IEP, or other considerations.
- YourCourse will be responsive to student needs and work to ensure that students complete courses within the allotted time.
- YourCourse will report final grades to the student's home school district (when applicable), or to parents for home schooling.