Clark County schools rely on professional and caring substitute teachers every day. Become a vital part of our education community as a substitute teacher!
If you enjoy working with students, have a passion for education and are looking for flexible employment opportunities to fit your schedule, substitute teaching is perfect for you. Our schools need you in our classrooms!
By completing the substitute teaching process at the Clark County ESC, you will become eligible to substitute at eight Clark County school districts. The Clark County ESC employs substitute teachers and aides for Clark-Shawnee, Greenon, Northeastern, Northwestern, Southeastern, Tecumseh, Springfield-Clark CTC, and the Global Impact STEM Academy. Or you can choose to only substitute in one district - it's up to you!
- School schedule perfect for parents!
- Become part of the school community
- Develop skills in instruction and communication
- Earn $75 to $100 a day (rates vary by school district)
- Choose where you'd like to work
- One process to substitute in multiple districts
Thank you for your interest in Substitute Teaching! All new subs must complete the initial packet to become an eligible substitute.
The initial packet consists of the following documents:
- Request for Substitute Teaching Form
- Clark County Public Schools Application
- New Hire Form
- Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verfication
- Form W4
- Direct Deposit Form
- Retirement System Membership Record
- Statement Concerning Your Employment in a Job
- Substitute Teaching License
- Auditor of State Form
The Clark County ESC must have a BCI and FBI Background check on file before you begin subbing. If you do not have an updated BCI and FBI background check, you can schedule an appointment to obtain one at the Clark County ESC by calling 937-325-7671.
All substitute teachers are required to have a license. You can obtain your substitute teaching license by creating a SAFE Account on the ODE website.
Click HERE to create your SAFEaccount.
Click HERE to view the 2018-2019 Substitute Teaching Payroll Packet
Returning substitutes should update their sub file every year. To update your information, call the ESC at 937-325-7671.
If your substitute teaching license is expired, you will need to log into your SAFE accont and renew.
Click HERE to log into your SAFE Account.
Substitute Teacher Training
Please see the following flyer for upcoming Substitute Teacher Training dates.